Friday 23rd June

This week, we have been working hard and doing our very best to keep cool, which has been somewhat difficult with the glorious weather and incredible temperatures!

In maths this week we have been doing all things time; converting seconds to minutes, minutes to hours and then days, converting between analogue and 24 hour digital time, solving time word problems- the list goes on! I have been really impressed with J’Maarni and Leon’s skills at converting units of time and look forward to the exciting maths we have coming up over the next few weeks.

In literacy, we finished up with our empowering and emotive topic of Orca whale captivity. Following writing our powerful letters of persuasion last week to the CEO of Seaworld, this week we decided to make a film to post on our blog and school twitter to raise awareness. In addition to this, we also put ourselves in the position of these poor captive animals and wrote some rather thought provoking internal monologues. I was incredibly impressed by Eesha and Amber’s internal monologues, which had so much emotion in them. Well done ladies!

Our afternoon sessions this week have been filled with lots of fun and even more hard work; an e safety lesson with Mrs Taylor, working in groups to research and present information about different habitats in science, making beautiful leaf prints in positive and negative in art and a sports day practice thrown into the mix too! I think we are just about ready for a weekend to recuperate!

My learner of the week this week is Eesha. I have been really impressed with how much resilience she has put into her maths this week, as I know there have been parts of the week that she has found tricky, and her internal monologue was spectacular. Not only this, but her behaviour is impeccable and she is a positive role model to have in Key Stage 2. Well done and thankyou for your relentless hard work.

Have a lovely weekend- another action packed week ahead!

Mrs Culshaw 🙂