Friday 28th April

What a fabulous week we’ve had! I cannot believe how hard we have worked and all of the amazing learning that has taken place. As a class, we would firstly like to thank Mrs Johnston for a truly enjoyable fortnight in the art studio. I can hand on heart say the children have all had a wonderful time and gained so much from the project.

As part of our writing aspect of the week, we wrote letters from the selfish giant to the children, apologising for his behaviour and for causing the children such upset by banishing them from his garden. I was incredibly impressed by Oscar, Amber and Joshua’s writing…infact, I was incredibly proud of everybody’s writing, and many praise postcards have been sent home tonight.

Our art focus this week was the works of Robert Kushner. We worked tirelessly to produce mixed media artworks inspired by his collections. Again, these were of a fantastic standard; Ria and Eeesha worked as a team to produce a wonderful artwork, as did J’Maarni and Elijah.

This afternoon was our parent celebration, which was a great event and a fabulous opportunity to show off all of the work we had been up to, in addition to performing our dance. I was one incredibly proud teacher (and may have even shed a slight tear at how proud I was during the dance performance). Thank you to all of the parents for attending and making it such a special event.

It would be absolutely impossible to choose a learner of the week this week, so I want to congratulate everyone for trying their very best and having such amazing attitudes towards their learning journey over the past fortnight.

Have a great bank holiday weekend.

Mrs Culshaw 🙂