Happy half term!

This week has been maths week, which was has been lots and lots of fun. On Wednesday morning, we participated in a maths carousel where we had the opportunity to complete lots of different ‘magic maths’ activities. On Thursday, years 3 and 4 took part in the annual house maths quiz, which was very competitive indeed! The winning house was Turnberry, scoring a whopping 112 points! Congratulations Turnberry!

In literacy this week we have been looking at traditional poetry, and have performed a number of poems by the Victorian poet Eleanor Farejon, including ‘bedtime’, which we have had great fun rehearsing and performing and using green screen to super-impose us into bedrooms! This morning we completed a big read comprehension on school in the olden days, and we found in really fascinating how different schools used to be just a few years ago.

In our ‘Maths, No Problem’ lessons this week we have been looking at multiplication and division…we are beginning to see the progress in our rapid recall of times tables which will really help when it moves on to more trickier methods after half term.

On Thursday afternoon, we went up to Allerton High School for the last of our sessions with Mr Bruce using Scratch. I have to admit it was definitely my favourite lessons of all; we got to play each other’s computer games! Some were a lots easier than others! I managed a couple of laps on J’Maarni’s and Ejijah’s game but I must admit I was absolutely rubbish at Alexia’s game!

This afternoon was our Valentine’s disco which was so much fun! We all went home feeling ready for a holiday yo recuperate and prepare for all the fun we have planned next term!

New spellings and homework are in planners and have been sent home this afternoon.

Have a fabulous holiday.

Mrs Culshaw

One thought on “Happy half term!

1. I love ❤️ tack over Day because your lovely ❤️ Class were always there to help me out when I was struggling with how your class works Mrs calshaw