Adios Year 4! (well, just for a week!)

So another incredibly busy week has flown by! As ever, we have been throwing ourselves into everything we have done, and had lots of fun along the way too!

We started our week with thinking about the things we are grateful for, before narrowing down all of our wonderful ideas to think about what we were grateful for in school. We decided the things that made our school so special was our amazing friends, the caring and hard working staff and all of the exciting things that we get to do…like trips, the list of endless after school clubs and our very own Ipads just to name a few! We then thought about all of the children who are our age who don’t have the opportunities that we do here:

We then worked really hard to write our own prayer, to say thanks for such a fantastic school, before collating our ideas to make an end of day class prayer. I was really impressed with how thoughtful and caring everybody showed they were.

We’ve also been really busy this week continuing our fantasy story topic. We’ve looked lots at different fantasy settings and compared different descriptions of the same setting to think about what aspect make a piece of writing interesting for the reader. Today we had a fantastic morning creating our own settings using small world…and lots of imagination! Everyone worked so hard to create really interesting and imaginative settings and I can’t wait to read the stories we write over the coming weeks! Check out some photos of us hard at work:

This week in maths we have been continuing looking at shape. I have been impressed by how hard some children have worked, particularly during our symmetry lessons where we were reflecting some quite complicated patterns across a mirror line. I was proud of how hard Sophie and Stefan worked…keep it up next week!

This afternoon we had wonderful fun with Miss Wright, who came to help us do some rugby. We played some fantastic games and made the most of the wonderful sunshine that descended upon our MUGA this afternoon! I was proud of Matias, who after being ‘unimpressed’ at the prospect of playing rugby this morning really turned it around and gave his all. Amar also gave a fantastic effort along with a lot of our girls…Savannna and Kacey were fabulous!

We rounded off today with a trip to our school pond, to check out the wildlife and have a look around:

My star of the week without a shadow of doubt is Aminah. She has worked tirelessly all week and is always so kind to the other children. Thank you Aminah.

Well, I must dash off to pack for a very exciting trip with Miss Kelly to Spain! Albert will be joining me so don’t forget to check the blog for lots of updates…

Take care, work hard and look after each other!

Miss Nicholson 🙂