Diary writing

On Friday we wrote diary entries as the character of Beowulf…they were super!

This morning, we have worked hard to up-level our writing even more!

Check out some of our fantastic writing below:

33 thoughts on “Diary writing

1. Dear diary,
    I write to you from the chamber of my massive,majestic Viking longboat.Today has been a exhausting day of sailing as me and my 14 very brave warriors are commencing our courageous journey to Britain.
    I have been called by puny,weak,cowardly king called Hrothgar.Interestingly,I have heard stories about a vicious,6 feet tall troll named Grendel.I believe he terrized king Hrothgar’s great mead hall every night after it was built until he abandoned it in desperation.Astonishingly,I heard Grendel is protected by a magic charm which turns him as hard as granite whenever somebody tries to attack him!The weather is pleasant but my worries aren’t.My worries are like a very big nightmare!
    I’m uncertain but still I’m certain that I can defeat him.I’m fearless,fearless because I’m quite sure I can fight him.Worried,perplexed,terrified I don’t know if I will return alive?
    I will write to you tomorrow diary
    From your friend,
    Beowulf

2. Dear diary,
    I am writing to you on my colossal longboat. I am making my way to England.I have been summoned by a weak King,I am confounded because some say that the beast has a charm so no one can kill it but on the other hand others’ who know me say that i can defeat it and they’re probably right.I’m also a bit scared,scared because i have heard that the beast is huge!I hope the water is calm or else i might die and if i die I can’t prove that i am the best worrior .
    By diary

3. Dear diary
    I write to you to night from my hnormas long boat.woried.I sailed to England.A pay King called me to kill a beast to is he stronger than they say. Finally l arrived at Englgland . I took one step off the boat I met throughgard met me I was fearless,fearless because I was the best warrior in Denmark. We had a party to trap Grendle fur minits later something smashes the door I pulled of its arm it ran out of the room. I got awarded with riches and weapons Intill Grendels mum atacked by suprice is sang my sawed and killed it.

4. Dear diary,

I write to you tonight from the chamber of my mighty blood-thirsty Viking longboat .Today for me and my other brave warriors,it has been an exhausting day of travelling as we are commencing our brave and courageous journey to England.

I have been called by a weak,cowardly leader called King Hrothgar ,he claims his village by being terrorised by a horrendous,visious beast named Grendel.He dwells in the swamp and rampages leader Hrothgar’s mead hall all day and all night.

By all of the rumours which has been happening ,it seems like Grendel is my worst night mare!!!I feel brave,brave because I know I am with my brave warriors fighting with me.Finally I have made it here but there can be no celebrations yet,because the only question is:will I survive?

I will write to you tomorrow diary.
    From your friend,
    Beowulf

5. Dear diary
    I have been sumuned by a king called Hrothgar
    To defeat an evil ment called Grendel the troll
    that hates melody and fun.

I’m saleing through the anormas Ocean.

I have heard rumers about this ment Grendel I think it is going to be Grendel’s
    Nightmare about to come true.
    I wonder what is waiting for me in England will l svive in my mission

Bye my friend l will see you soon.

6. Dear diary,
    I write to you tonight from the chamber of my frightening,eerie Viking longboat. The longboat very long and scary.I have been summoned by a week,cowardly King called Hrothgar. He claims his village are being terrorised by a ferocious, horrendous beast named Grendel . He dwells in the swamp and rampages Hrothgar’s Mead hall night after night.
    I feel fearless because I know I am a brave warrior with a reputation for blood-thirsty battle.
    From your friend Beowulf .

7. Dear diary
    I write to you in the chamber of my colossal long boat.Suprisingly I have been called by a weak coward called Throthgar.He can,t even handle his own business.I wonder what awaits me?I am terrified , terrified because I may not return.I believe this troll is called Grendel.I,v herd a rumour he is protected by a charm.Is he as strong as I,v herd if so I will be prepared.The only way I am going to defeat him is to destroy the charm then….KILL HIM!!!!!Is he small or big.small easy,big hard.Is he a baby troll or a fully grown troll?He can punch through a entire door down.And eat athosand people not to mention howle(eww)Hese not as awesome as you think Hese dreadful more like.I,ll writ to you tomorrow night.
    From Beowulf.

8. Dear Diary

I write to you tonight as I’m on my way to England sailing in the vast ocean in my longboat.I feel exited,exited,to destroy that ugly beast he’s not going to stop at any point.

Aparantly, he’s got skin as hard as stone.And I have been called from a king called Hthrothgar. He’s a week puney King that can’t handle his village from Grendel I want to see this beast with my own eyes Amazed,exited and prepared I look for land.Confuesed,we travel towards the horizon but it doesn’t bother me the only thing on my mind is destroy Grendel destroy Grendel.Now we’re sailing through all sorts of weather most of my soldiers are being sick overboard.Will I ever get there?

From your friend Beowulf.

9. Dear diary,
    I write to you tonight from the chamber of my majestic blood-thirsty Viking long boat. Today I’m exousted from travelling.

I have come to help a puny King .He claims his village. Hrothgar told me that people died.He told me that the monster was enormous.

I feel fearless,fearlss because l know l know l am a great warrior with a reputation.

I was a bit confounded when l heard he was enormous.

I will write to you tomorrow,from your friend Beowulf.

10. Dear diary
    I write to you to inform you about my long,courageous journey to England…
    Astonishingly,rumours say that this bloodthirsty monster is 8 feet tall! I have been summoned by a puny twit who calls himself the ruler of England even though he can’t even defeat a troll despite the fact he has multiple army’s.My men will not hesitate to rip of grendal’s head straight off his neck because I AM BEOWULF!As I am writing the waves are going unpredictable ways it’s impossible to get a second of peace.anxious,worried and agitated I don’t know if I will return alive.
    Does hrothgar even know how fears and muscular I am?
    From your friend Beowulf.

11. Dear diary
    I write to you from my huge majestic Viking longboat. Today all we have done is travel from Denmarck to England .

We have been sommoned by a cowardly old man named Hrothgar ,. He claims his village is terrorised by a ferocious beast named Gendel .He lives in a dark swamp surounded by dead trees about 150 years old and anyone who goes there never comes back.

I feel nervous , nervous becouse I know Iam a brave warrior but I wonder if the monster is stronger than me . Perplexed, worried ,terrified I might not return becouse if I don’t I will be remembered as Beowulf the great warrior.

I am ready for a great battle against this horrifying beast I wonder if he is as strong as he is in the story’s I have heard or if he is really weak and not a raward .
    I will write to you tomorrow diary
    From your friend
    Beowulf

12. Dear diary,
    I write to you from my mammoth Viking longboat . Swiftly , magesticly the boat tears through the water . I’m laughing, laughing because I’ve got to help a king that can’t defend his own village from a swamp dwelling troll called Grendel .

The puny , weak King is called throthgar . He is in England waiting for me .
    I’ve heard that the troll is pretected by a Charm that makes his skin as resistant as stone. I’m scared and perplexed, was going to stay alive? So I went to bed. I will write to you tomorrow.
    From your friend, Beowulf.

13. Dear diary,
    I am on my way to England , I’ve been called by a cowardly King who can’t protect his own property. I came to try and help him be free to use his great mead hall again. Shockingly this story passed on far if it reached me, but I heard a story of this creature that goes by the name of Grendel. They say he dwells the swamp and rampages Hrothgar every time they use the mead hall, so I heard it’s pretty much abandoned now. Is he as strong as they say he is?

Thay say he is protected by a magical charm witch makes his skin like granite, I wonder how he got that?

14. Dear diary,
    Astonishingly It is a long trip to England because the lazy scared King wanted me to rescue the day so I’m know on my long, thin, scary long boat. My long boat is so terrifying that even King Horthgar doesn’t dare to go on it. But will I ever come back alive? He called me for help because a ugly monster that comes every night takes the village, and that’s why he called me.

Horthgar is the most scared King ever and he even has 100 more warriors, I have 40 warriors and that is it. Panicking, panicking I don’t know if I will ever come back safely.
    I will write to you tomorrow,
    From your friend,
    Beowolf

15. Dear diary
    I am writing to you to tell you that I am on my way to England to fight for Hrothgar the soft King. I am sat in my chamber of my ferocious,savage Viking long boat,this is my worst nightmare. Prepared,terrified,woried will l come back alive ? I feel indestructible, indestructible because I know I am a magnificent and courageous fighter. Astonishingly, Grendell is as strong as 40 men and his skin is protected by a magic charm. I can smell the swamp water. Hrothgar is a cowardly, lazy King.

From your friend,
    Beowulf

16. Dear dairy,
    I write to you from this hard working blood-thirsty longboat. Today has been a exhausting day but I need to go to England.

I have been called by the weak,cowardly and lazy Hrothgard. He says that his village has been terrorised by the great Grendel.

I am fearless,fearless because nothing will get in my way like the great Grendel. Worried,peplexed,confused, I am wondering if I will return from this battle.

Will I survive…?
    I will write to you tomorrow dairy. Your friend Beowulf.

17. dear diary

I write to you for I Beawolf am traveling to,Eingland . Imagine if you were sat on your horse in the rain and you can not get of that is what it is like for me . I’m here standing on in the shivering in the cold rain hoping I have a safe journey .

The awfull blood- thirty monster is in incredible England I was called in by a Throthgurd a king he sounds incredabley, putrid to me he can’t even defend his own country or maybe it was King vs the monster named Grendel? Or maybe it was there mesmerising men if it was led by a miltery ginias I would be scared…

18. Dear diary,
    I write to you from the comfort of my colossal long boat. Today I have been summoned by a weak,puny King who goes by the name Hrothgar he is so puny he can’t even defeat a troll! yet he claims he has been terrorised again and again!

He says the trolls name is Grendel. the stories I have been told he does sound indestructible with this magic charm.yet I can take him down! Because I am BEOWOLF,BEOWOLF THE GREAT!

Amazingly, the only question is, will I die? Will I stay safe, safe from this monstrosity?

Worried, perplexed, scared I wonder if I will perish?

I will write to you tomorrow,

From Beowulf.

19. Dear diary,
    Courageously today has been an exhausting day of travelling as we are commencing but the viking boats were long so the boat was very big to let huge people’s in it but It was a blood thirsty boat worried,perplexed,terrified. There was a big,huge monster called Grendel he used to come in all night.and every body was a sleep but Bowulf he shopped Grendel es am of the end.
    I will write to you tomorrow diary, from your friend,
    Beowolf.

20. Dear diary,
    I write to you tonight from my enchanting furious long boat. Today has been slow and memorizing because I have seen some peaceful,magical,wonderful places but at same time I’m exhausted.

1 hour later… I am bitter and so is my furious,courageous long boat. Eventually me and my “mighty” crew strut out of our long boat as we were walking as fast as a snail and as slow as a vicious tiger. We were talking about how weak and ugly Grendel is. Will I defeat Grendel or will he attack me?

I will write to you tomorrow on how it went hopefully I will defeat Grendel and he will die trust me.

From your friend,

Beowulf

21. Dear diary

I write to you tonight from the chamber of my majestic,bloodthirsty Viking longboat.It has been a tiring day of travelling as we are setting of to England. I have been sent by a week and lazy King called Hrothgar. He says his village has been beaten up by a hideous troll called Grendel.
    He lives in a dark , deep and dirty swamp were there is always a stench.

I feel brave , brave because I know I can attack this huge troll that came to this party of Hrothgar . Worried , brave and terrified I don’t know if I can defeat Grendel?
    Tomorrow is the day I try to defeat Grendel. I will write to you tomorrow.

From your friend,
    Beowulf

22. Dear diary,
    I write to you from the chamber of my majestic,colossal Viking long ship. This week has been tiring,tiring because I have been travelling all around the round,curved earth.

I can hear a loud roar like a lion is close by.I can smell swamp water and stinky breath. Surprisingly, I have heard that a brown furred,strong armed,stinky breathed creature is called Grendel and he is protected by a magical charm…

I have been summoned by a feeble yet a tall King who owns a city. Worried,I fear I might die because many people have said that he is invincible.

I feel fearless,fearless because I am a brave warrior who has a reputation to fight blood thirsty trolls but can I do it alone?

Distraught,perplexed,terrified l don’t know if I will return from my quest alive?

I will write to you tomorrow.
    From your friend,
    Beowulf.

23. Dear diary,

I write to you tonight from the chamber of my majestic,mighty longboat.Today has been a tiring day of travelling,our destination is no other than England.

I have been summoned by this cowardly King called Hrothgar,he claims that a disgusting,blood-thirsty beast was invading his mead hall.

I feel fearless,fearless because I am a brave Viking warrior with a reputation for deadly battles.

Worried,feared,frightened will I succeed my quest alive?

P.S I think Hrothgar is lazy and weak.

I will write to you tomorrow diary,
    From you writer
    Beowulf

24. Dear diary,

I write to you tonight from the chambers of my majestic,colossal Viking longboat. Today has been an exhausting journey and I have been called by a week,cowardly King called Hrothgar and says his mead hall is being attacked by an ferocious beast named Grendal.

I feel heroic,heroic because I know that I am a brave and fearless warrior. Astonishingly,I have heard how strong he is and I wonder if he is as strong as people say he is? Surprisingly,there are rumours that he has a charm which makes his skin as hard as stone. Worried,I wondered if I would defeat Grendal?

Confounded,perplexed,worried I am uncertain if I will return from my quest alive.

I will write to you tomorrow diary.

From your friend,
    Beowulf