Friday 10th October

It’s suddenly got much chillier I can’t believe how wintery it feels already!
This week we have had a busy week again. We have continued with our fantasy writing in literacy and we have worked tirelessly to plan and draft some brilliant stories which we are all really excited about writing next week. Maddie really impressed me with her independence and creativity…the plan for her writing is super and I can’t wait to read the finished product next week.

This week in maths we have been continuing to look at 2D shape; looking at symmetry and angles. Some of us have really excelled and even had a go at using protractors to measure angles! Wow!
We have done some fantastic science work this week, looking at the different parts of a tooth. We all worked really hard to make our own model of a molar! We also had a fantastic R.E. lesson thinking about who influences us and why. I was really proud of how thoughtful and conscientious some of us were.

Next week we are continuing our fantasy literature topic and we will be working towards writing our own fantasy story. In maths we will be looking at written methods with number.

Our star of the week this week is Phillippa; for always making such an effort with her work and continually trying to improve her work. Thank you for being an ‘always’ girl.

Don’t forget, parent’s evening is on the 22nd and 23rd of October. I’m looking forward to showing off all of the wonderful progress we are making.

Have a fantastic weekend,

Miss Nicholson 🙂