Friday 13th November….not unlucky for us!

Another Friday descends upon us and it has been wonderful to reflect upon the week and think about all of the wonderful things we have done. It has been fantastic to see how many children have dressed up today… our classroom looked brilliant!

This afternoon we did our PE lesson in fancy dress which was lots of fun. Looking around the room was quite surreal; seeing so many superhero’s in training!

IMG_0375 IMG_0378 IMG_0382

This week in maths we have been looking at area and perimeter. I have been really impressed with how much the class have stretched themselves; in particular Matias and Amar, who worked together as a team to solve some really tricky area problems yesterday.

This week in literacy we have been brushing up on our grammar skills. We have learnt all about how to use fronted adverbials to improve our writing and make our sentence openers more interesting by using adverbials. We have also looked at homophones too- and all worked really hard to produce writing with the correct versions of the spelling! I have been really impressed this week by Lujain who has made a super effort with her writing. I can already see so much progress since she started a few weeks ago and I am really proud of her.

In RE this week we have been thinking about love. We linked this to a very famous passage from the bible called Corinthians. From it we found a phrase that we really like; ‘love is patient, love is kind’. We decided that we all need to try and be as patient and kind with one another as we possibly can be, even when things are frustrating or tough.

My star this week has to be Lujain. This is for her brilliantly resilient attitude since starting a few weeks ago. She has learnt so much English already and has really settled herlef into the class. Likewise, it has made me really proud to see how caring and kind the rest of the class are towards Lujain. I feel very lucky!IMG_0341 IMG_0344

Have a wonderful weekend.

Miss Nicholson 🙂