Friday 15th November

Another week has flown by! Can you believe it?

Children in Need day today was fantastic- thank you to all of the children that came to school in their Pyjamas to raise money. You all looked fantastic…and very comfy!

We have worked hard this week; continuing on topic on the Tudors. This week we have been looking at how rich and poor people’s lives were different in the Tudor times. We even had a rich Tudor lady visit the class and the children got to ask her questions all about her life!

This week I have seen fantastic maths from lots of the children. Carmen and Trinity have worked as part of an amazing team in maths and have cracked how to subtract using the expanded decomposition method (it is as tricky as it sounds!) They even had a go at subtracting 3 digit numbers! I am so proud!

This week we also had some wonderful learning  logs; Bailey and Carla have both worked at home to produce powerpoint displays and Trinity has made her very own visitors guide to York!

We have had a new addition to the class this week- Zelan. She has made a brilliant addition to our Year 4 girls and she has already made fantastic friends with some of our ladies!

This week our star of the week is Zelan. She always has a smile on her face and will never give up even when she finds things tricky. She’s a great role model. Albert is going home with Bailey and I am quite sure he will have lots of fun with his family this weekend.