Friday 27th March

This week we have been as busy as ever preparing for our class assembly which we had on Wednesday morning. We had great fun creating an advert for the Viking Hotel from ‘There’s a Viking in my Bed’ and we really got to see the creative juices flowing!

We produced some brilliant internal monologues in RE, where we imagined we were part of the crowd who welcomed Jesus into Jerusalem and what they would be thinking and feeling.

We also did a fantastic big write; producing a discussion text about orca captivity. I was overwhelmed by how good some of the writing was and the emotive and rich range of vocabulary used. I will certainly be recording extracts to display on the blog so watch this space.

We have been getting to grips with using our google accounts this week and using google maps and satellite view to make maps of York, looking at different geographical features. Everyone tried really hard and we can’t wait to continue this next week.

Next week is shaping up to be a really exciting time; we have our second sessions with the Blah Blah Blah theatre company and on Wednesday we have our greatly anticipated trip to Jorvik Viking centre in York.

Have a great weekend, I can’t believe there is only one more week until the end of term…where is the time going?!

Miss Nicholson