Friday 7th November

What a fantastic first week back. The children have all worked so incredibly hard and have impressed me with some fantastic maths and science this week.

We began the week looking at using known multiplication facts to help us work out various problems. I was proud of how hard everyone tried, even with some really tricky problems! In literacy this week we have been looking at instructions and have concluded this morning with some really excellent instruction writing on how to catch a star! We started our new science topic on sound and the children were interested to discover how sounds are made and posed lots of interesting questions they would like to find out over the coming weeks.

Next week we have a trip to the art gallery to do print making. A letter will be sent home on Monday. In maths we will be looking at telling the time in digital and analogue and in literacy we will be commencing our new topic on report writing.

Our star of the week this week is Isobel. She has been an absolute superstar this week in everything she has done and I am incredibly grateful. Keep it up Isobel!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Miss Nicholson 🙂