Happy half term!

We have had so much fun this week in year 4! We have started our new topic on playscripts in literacy and we have really been able to let our creative juices flow! I have been super impressed by Eileen and Maddie’s efforts…2 usually shy children who absolutely have shown superstar qualities this week!

We have looked at how to use branching diagrams to sort living things during science and got to handle some real Jewish artefacts during our RE lesson! Sadly, we had our final golf lesson with Lewis this morning which was great fun… It has been fantastic to see how much progress everyone has made overt he course of the past 6 weeks.

This afternoon we finally got to watch some of James and the Giant Peach, which we have been so desperate to watch after reading it as our class novel. It was interesting to see what similarities and differences there was to the book.

This morning we have booked a very exciting trip to Chester zoo, on the last week of the summer term. A letter will come home on the first Monday after half term to let you know all the details. We will be one oft he first schools in the country to visit their new exhibition ‘The Islands’, the fiesta attraction of its kind in Europe!

Have a wonderful half term, I cannot believe that we are quickly approaching the end of the year! It makes me sad already to even think about it!

Miss Nicholson 🙂