Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! What a busy first week we have had.

We began the week looking at our new topic;
The Blue Planet. The children worked in groups to record what they already knew and then questions they wanted to find out; all looking at our ‘big question’ ‘Why is our planet unique?’ Everyone worked exceptionally hard and I was so impressed by some of the questions the children wanted to discover. From this work we then produced a short ‘trailer’ for our topic to post on our blog. It is fantastic…please check it out!

We have been working hard on assessments this week and I have been really proud of how mature and sensible the children have been. Trinity impressed me with a task she completed where she re-ordered jumbled up sentences to make them make sense and Cairan wowed me with his knowledge of place value to help him order some really tricky numbers.

This week our star of the week is Kloe. I have been impressed by how sensible she has been and how hard she has been trying with her work. Our beloved Albert is spending the weekend with Anmol; and we look forward to reading all about his adventures on Monday.

Our P.E. day this half term has changed to a Thursday; but please bring your P.E. kits in on a Monday and take them home on a Friday as we know things can sometimes change!

Have a great weekend and I look forward to getting our teeth into our new topic next week!

Miss Nicholson
x