Welcome Back!

Summer term already! I can’t believe it! We started the new school term off with a bang, getting our teeth right into lots of fantastic work!

This week we have started our new topic all about living things, linked to our new class novel ‘James and the Giant Peach’. We are absolutely loving reading the story together as a class and can’t believe how horrid Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker are towards poor old James! We have done some brilliant illustrations of the two aunts, using evidence from the first few chapters that we have read.

We begun looking at still life this week in art and spent a wonderful Tuesday afternoon applying some new found skills and techniques to some still life drawing of fruit in the classroom. It has to be said, I think some of the children are even better artists than myself! I’m really excited to be doing lots more art with you all in the coming weeks.

In science this week we started looking at what makes something a living thing, and devised a checklist to tell if something is living or not. We produced some excellent posters that are ready to be displayed in the classroom. In RE we began our new topic on Judaism, and we have already found out some really interesting facts about Judaism, and already spotted some links between Judaism and Christianity. In the coming weeks we are hoping to visit a real-life synagogue, so watch this space!

Literacy this week saw the commencement of our Poetry topic; and wow, we have had some fun looking at different styles of poetry and having a go at writing some of our own. I was really impressed by the Haiku and Kenning poems that we wrote and can’t wait to show them off in our poetry book!

Our star of the week this week is Jai’von, i’ve been really impressed with his poetry writing and sensible attitude since the start of the week.

Have a brilliant weekend; new homework grids have gone home tonight alongside new spellings and maths work. We have golf next Tuesday morning so please make sure you remember those PE kits!

Miss Nicholson 🙂